To start a new budget request, hover over More along your portal's toolbar, select the Treasury option, then click Manage Budgets. Click here if you do not see this as an option.
To start a new budget locate this option in the top right of the page. On the resulting page, you may or may not see a list of instructions. These instructions are customized by your campus and should be used as a guideline when constructing your request.
Below the instructions is the meat of the request. Enter a name for the request, determine its category, and fill in the details. Continue reading for an explanation of the components that make up a budget request.
Basic Steps for Creating a Budget Request
- Enter a budget name.
- Select a budget category from the dropdown provided. A 'Fill Out' button will appear if the selected budget category has an attached form.
- Enter a name for this portion of the budget.
- Select a line item from the dropdown provided.
- Enter a description of what the money will be used for (optional).
- Enter the amount you’re requesting for this line item.
- Click to add additional line items under this budget category.
- Click to add a text box for you to explain the request.
- Click to add a new budget item (if necessary).
Below these fields is a running total that updates as you enter new amounts. You'll also find an upload tool that allows you to upload supporting documentation. Lastly, you're provided a comment box that allows you to communicate with your campus's budget administrators. When everything looks good, click Submit at the bottom of the page. This will send the request to your campus administrators. You will be notified when a decision is made.