Revenue funds are a rolling balance of funds attached to a particular organization that are not constrained to budget periods. At their core, revenue funds are specialized checkbooks. This allows them to be managed by OrgSync's API. To access this module, hover over Treasury along your portal's left-hand navigation and select Revenue Funds. If you do not see this module, read this article on how to enable it.
The resulting page lists all entries that affect an organization’s current balance (found in the top right). Each entry includes a date, description, and amount. Within the description, the type of entry and its name are provided. There are four types of entries within revenue funds.
|Deposit||Denotes the addition was from an approved deposit request.|
|Withdrawal||Denotes the deduction was from an approved withdrawal request.|
|Budget||Denotes revenue funds were used on an approved budget request.|
|No tag||Denotes the amount was a direct entry made by an umbrella administrator. This is most commonly used to provide organizations lump sums of money.|
For Portal Administrators
Portal administrators cannot make any direct changes to this page because it has been made read-only. You must operate through the request process by utilizing one of the following options.
- Deposit Requests: If an organization would like to add money to their revenue fund, they must fill out a deposit request. This option is located in the top right of the page. Only a name and amount are required to fill out a deposit request. You are also provided the option to upload corresponding documents. The comment section provided can be used to communicate with umbrella administrators. The amount requested will be added to your balance after your community’s umbrella administrators approve the request. The status of your request is viewable via the requests tab.
- Withdrawal Requests: If an organization would like to use money from their revenue fund, they must fill out a withdrawal request. This option is located in the top right of the page. More information is required on withdrawal requests. Make sure to enter all required fields, including any supplemental forms that may appear. The comment section provided can be used to communicate with umbrella administrators. The amount requested will be deducted from your balance after your community’s umbrella administrators approve the request. The status of your request is viewable via the requests tab.
- Budget Requests: Organizations can use their revenue funds on new budget requests. If you opt to include these funds on a request, the amount you enter will be deducted from your organization’s balance once it has been approved. The entry will be marked with a pending payment tag until there is an approved payment request for those funds.
For Umbrella Administrators
Umbrella administrators have more power to directly impact an organization’s balance. The following options allow you to manage all revenue funds under your umbrella:
- Create Entry: Umbrella administrators will see a green Create Entry button in the top right of a portal's Revenue Funds page. This function allows you to enter a lump sum of money to add or remove from a portal's fund. It works the same as creating entries in the checkbooks module. Only a date, description, and amount are required. Typically, this would be used at the start of each semester/year, but can be used throughout the semester as well. These entries can be edited after initial creation.
- Approval: The only other way to affect an organization’s balance is through the approval process. Deposit and withdrawal requests filter to your budget requests page as expected. As soon as you decide portal requests, their balance will reflect this change.
To check the status of a revenue request (deposits and withdrawals), observe the Revenue Fund Requests widget on the right side of the page. Click See All Requests to view all requests made within the portal.